Sunday, February 8, 2009

Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World

I've been deepening my personal and professional understanding this month of "energy leadership." By that, we core energy coaches mean both of these things:

a) leading our OWN energy
b) the capacity to lead others (inside and outside of socially recognized leadership roles)

I want to share the following list from the IONS webpage. It is my experience, reflected in my evolving beliefs, that these priorities in no way need to be divorced from engagement and advocacy with justice demands. Even the purposive actions aimed at dismantling systems which perpetuate poisonous beliefs and injustices on this planet can be taken with such spirit.

I commit myself to the following practices as a way of engaging all of the spirit/energy available to me to work in such arenas with discernment and abundant compassion for myself and everyone else. I commit to not "becoming what I hate," to abiding in subversive joy and irresistable hope. I commit to sustainable activism and social justice ministries.

That is the undergirding of my call as a minister and spiritual life coach to share this energy leadership work with clergy and activists. Together, we can move from a reliance on catabolic energy (victim and conflict thinking) and be more fueled by anabolic energy (increasing self-responsibility, expanding compassion and connection, and decreasing attachments to ego-based plans).

************************************************************************************

This month we link to a beautiful Top Ten Fundamentals for Changing the World derived from study of Gandhi. We list the ten principles here, but you can follow this link to a longer article with full explanation:

1. Change yourself.
2. You are in control.
3. Forgive and let it go.
4. Without action, you aren't going anywhere.
5. Take care of this moment
6. Everyone is human.
7. Persist.
8. See the good in people and help them.
9. Be congruent, be authentic, and be your true self.
10. Continue to grow and evolve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home