Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Light One Candle for This...

I'm thinking about Emmanuel this day. One of my pastors, Larry Greenfield of the American Baptist Churches of Metro Chicago, gave a beautiful introduction to Advent and Christmas at a concert last Saturday. My paraphrase: This is a special time of the year in part because we dedicate ourselves to remember that Emmanuel has come, so that we know "God is always with us."


This morning's quote from my colleague Melissa Malueg reminds me of the same:


Today's Words of Wisdom:"Instead of believing the world is plotting to do you harm, choose to believe the world is plotting to do you good. Instead of seeing every difficult or challenging event as a negative, see it for what it could be – something that is meant to enrich you, empower you, or advance your causes.”-- W. Clement Stone


I commit this Advent to continuing to cultivate a spirituality and community that are fearlessly living in such trust...





1 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

whoo, that's a great quote. I am going to look at it once every hour today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home